Skip to main content

Smile Even Though You're Hurting

 Okay. So let me explain my absence from the blogging world.

Sickness galore aketch!  I just had an eye surgery yesterday.  The doctor had to remove the infection in one of my eyes.  Eww! I know right?  I learned one thing and I hope you'll learn from this too: NEVER TAKE A STY (in vernacular: "timos timos") LIGHTLY.

                                                  Medical term: Hordeolum (Sty)

When the term "timos timos" comes to mind, teasing usually follows. "Hala sin-o gin ling-ling mo?"  Believe me, I wish I had someone to peep at. That would have made my sty worth all the trouble. LOL

Anyway there is no truth to this and for your information a sty results from blocked glands within the eyelid. When the gland is blocked, the oil produced by the gland occasionally backs up and extrudes through the wall of the gland, forming a lump, which can be red, painful, and nodular.

There are two kinds of sty. Internal and external.  An external sty starts as a pimple next to an eyelash. It turns into a red, painful swelling that usually lasts several days before it bursts and then heals. Most external stys are short-lived and self-limiting.

An internal sty(on the underside of the lid) also causes a red, painful swelling, but its location prevents the familiar whitehead from appearing on the eyelid. The internal sty may disappear completely once the infection is past, or it may leave a small fluid-filled cyst or nodule that can persist and may have to be opened and drained.

So you guessed right. Mine is internal sty that needs to be removed.  Thus, the eyelid surgery.  God, I feel like a real Korean girl except I'm not trying to have a double eyelid for vanity's sake.

My doctor said my sty could have formed through the tears.  Tears actually are made of both water and oil. So figure that out.

                                          Damn you! You could be the reason for my tears after
                                          two years. KILL! I blame you. Charing!

or could it be....

                                                              YOU?? Pa kagat... Joke!

Anyway, the operation was excruciating.  I think the doctor operated on me while the anesthesia hasn't reached its full effect yet.  As a result, I felt everything.  The torture, the pain, every prick of the needle and felt my eyelid being sewn.  It was straight out of a horror flick SAW. 

                                                       Cast me Direk! I'm perfect for the role.
                                                       Mas feel ko ako ang mamatay tao. :p

I was also alone during the whole procedure.  I had no watcher because mudrax was busy processing my papers and running around town.  I also dressed myself after the surgery.  A for Effort!  Proud I didn't cry even if I wanted to die in there and spew expletives known to man in the English, Filipino, Ilonggo and Korean language. hahaha But no.  Priority ang poise.  Poise Over Pain.  It was so painful I couldn't even explain it. I'm sure any normal person would faint in there or scream like a banshee. But not me.  I'm a Spartan with maximum tolerance for pain. Bring it!

The nurses there kept on asking if I'm alone.  Well obviously.  She also asked why my boyfriend didn't accompany me. (I would love for him to be here if he has an actual corporal body. But again, no.) I really love her she's so amiable.  She was just trying to lighten the atmosphere.  The bloody atmosphere. Literally.

After the surgery I think the anesthesia finally went into effect.  I felt soooo sleepy.  Well thanks but no thanks.  Talk about delayed reaction.  I just wanted to fall right there in the hall.  But before that I just couldn't let the opportunity to cam whore pass.  So...


                                                                       Stressed Much?


                                                                      Amiable Nurse
                                         Truth is, I could no longer see any of their faces during this pic.
                                         I was half blind and my mind was clouded. Yet, I still managed
                                        to smile and give the peace sign.  Bang!
                                                    As if I'm capable of crying.  Don't be fooled.
                                                    This girl is KABALAN.

                                                   Aba! Pang FAMAS! Ako na! Ako na talaga!
        

                                                                  Itodo mo na hija!
                                                  


                                   I sooo wanna be Elle of  Kill Bill!   Such a biatch.   Love Her!                                    I'll be you next Halloween! Haha

So there you have it people.  This isn't to scare you but if ever you feel some sort of lump in your eye, have it checked right away. Don't delay.  There is no truth that you could just wish the sty away or pull out an eyelash.  Myths.  There is one girl according to the nurses whose sty covered almost all of her eye. Freak show!  Learn from my mistake you guys.


From Leia's beautiful Mind to yours... 06/20/12


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Freaks You Meet in a Bar/Club Scene

Cheers to the freakin' weekend I'll drink to that....yeah!! Err..No, I won't since I am in front of my computer writing this blog post. See, I used to enjoy partying all night til dawn in clubs/bars but I think I grew out of it.  Before I start my rant, here are important details to know about me: I AM NOT A WILD CHILD, I STUDIED LIKE THE DEVIL DURING MY STUDENT DAYS (i.e.. I don't go out at all), AND THUS, I MADE "BAWI" AFTER I GRADUATED, I'M NOT ALCOHOLIC, I DON'T SMOKE, I DON'T FLIRT WITH MEN IN CLUBS, I DON'T GO HOME WITH STRANGE MEN, I JUST HAPPEN TO LOVE....DANCING.  That's about the only reason why I go there in the first place.   I love to absorb the music and the energy. So there, now that it's settled... Begin rant. I seem to have lost my interest in the club scene.  Well perhaps because I've matured but mostly because the club is now filled with PREDATORS on the prowl for a willing or un-willing prey.  Another

Happy Hearts Day L.

Knowing you L, you must be sitting in front of your computer after a long day's work and listening to an Anson Seabra song or Harlem River by Kevin Morby.  So, how are you L?  Knowing you L, you'll probably look down and smile shyly which others would see as sweet.  But nobody really catches the quick second before you force a smile that you were actually hiding the tear that was about to fall had you not bowed your head. Of course, you will say "I'm okay." and shift the conversation and ask how others are doing just to get the attention away from you.  Of course L. Of course.  You packaged yourself very well over the years L. Like a fortress. The one who takes care of things and others. The go-to girl, the reliable one, the one people run to for practical advice.  The strong one, the one who just works and works and works.  Yet no one knows L, that you go home empty. Tears that you disallow to fall just welling inside your eyes.  You put your bags down and greet