Skip to main content

DORA LAKWATSERA Strike 2

So Dora Lakwatsera strikes again this week.

I'm in this mode where I want to go to places I haven't been to or things I haven't done no matter how embarrassing it may be.  I just want to try new stuff.  I guess this too provides some therapy for me since I think I've been caught up in the past and routine.  Time for a change.

Okay first up.  GREAT PANDA AMUSEMENT.  This is one of my latest discovery and I have to say I was surprised that something like this would emerge from somewhere like Bacolod downtown area - a place notorious for hold-uppers, peddlers, pirated DVDs, merchandise made in China, well you get the picture.  I first read about this place from bacolodfoodhunters.wordpress.com and they gave this a rave review and it got me curious and decided to check the place out myself.  Now I'm addicted.

                                          Just finished with their 5D Movie Ride. My friend and
                                          I chose Rollercoaster.  FUN!

                                          This is how it looks like inside.  The ride can sit six people
                                          (coz they crowd you) but it is ideal if you are only 2-4 people.

This Saturday we had an overtime at work and decided to hit the place again after work.  This time Gretchen and I wanted the 5D ride to be from a horror movie. I could never ask Herreal to watch a horror movie with me. We also saw Gab and Sierra while waiting for our turn and the four of us agreed to watch Bloody Road together. 

                                          I don't get it why they call it 5D then print tickets that
                                          say 4D.  Ano ba talaga kuya???

Gab and Sierra went to SM after the ride but Gretch and I stayed to play some more arcade games.  I've set my eyes on the new dance game: THE KING OF DANCE.  It is much like Dance Revo only this time you also have to perform with both your feet and hands.  The thing is, no matter how people think I'm good in dancing, I CANNOT DANCE REVO. It has always been my frustration. But what the hell...

                                                    Still figuring out how to do this. Insecure
                                                    ang posture. Nan!

                                          Eksena kung eksena!  There I am making a "mess". lol

So I'm not good in dance revo.  But there is one thing I'm good at...

                                                 Yeah Baby!!! My own version of Sexy Back.

                                                              DEADLY IN BACKLESS!

We go to the second floor of Great Panda.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... GAMER'S PARADISE.

                                          300 computers, widescreen HD monitors, comfy seats
                                          webcam, and high-end headsets. (info and pic from
                                          bacolodfoodhunters.wordpress.com)

Totally state of the art as compared to WOF over at SM and Rob. 

If you don't know where this place is, go to downtown Araneta street and look for this sign at night.  You can't miss it.

                                                            It's huge neon sign at night.

Next my friends and I went to this quaint and "artsy" place called FATBOYS.  It's at 22nd street and it's part of a house converted into a restaurant.  We just love the art work in here and of course the food.

                                                                      The counter
 WE JUST LOVE THE CLAY ARTWORK:

                                                     The menu book from magazine cutouts

                                          Our newest A girl Gretch with my IS batchmate and
                                                     her boyfriend Noel playfully posing

                                                    YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY...I've got
                                                     love in my tummy...

                                         LOVE IN OUR TUMMIES. You should try their
                                         herbed pan fried chicken.  Simply delicious.

                                          We also ordered their Grilled Spareribs. I think they
                                           added cinnamon in it.  Actually it looks like dessert. lol

                                          Pork Sisig with fried egg. Everytime I order sisig, I
                                          remember my H.E.Y. girl Enrica. I really miss you girl! :'(

                                          This here is my favorite rule: NO CHEATING! Bang!
                                          FLIRTING is okay. haha

                                                 Us Girls posing on this artsy fartsy wall

                                                        Sige Noel. Aminin mo na! hahaha

                                                          and on the couch with Cauch....

                                                                    Our group picture

Finally we ended the night at CAFE BOB's.  True, this isn't really new and it's our "standard place" to go to before we wrap up the night.  Here April and her boyfriend Dixon, Gretchen and her boyfriend Noel, Karen and her boyfriend Harley and Bianca and the guy she's dating Mark gathered together... Yup, ako na naman ang wala partner!  What's new? lol

                                          Gretchen with her beau Noel.  6 years together and
                                          counting...

Sigh... I think I'll never experience what it's like to be in a long-time relationship with someone.  Sometimes, just sometimes, I regret the fact that I decided NOT to have a boyfriend during my student days.  I didn't foresee that there would be ZERO men paying attention to me as a career woman.  How tragic!  But... you do know it's their loss right?

                                          Our talk show host for the night, Cauch and Dixon.
                                          I love this couple!

I like how fun this couple is.  I like how Dixon easily mingles with April's friends.  There's never a dull moment.  My friends has to like my future boyfriend someday and he must also try and be nice to my friends or else!  It really makes a difference when ones boyfriend is comfortable around your friends and vice versa.  Dixon really grilled me about my type of guy and all the rest chimed in and are determined to find me a "partner".  Really you guys, I think that is so sweet but it's not necessary.  I am fine where I am right now.  I just don't feel it's the right time to have a boyfriend.  Too many issues that need to be resolved.  He will come Inshallah (God willing and in God's time).

                                                           With Karen, Bianca and Mark

I stayed home on Sunday and made Jajangmyeon for myself.  It is Korean "black spaghetti" and is made from a thick black soybean sauce, wheat noodles, diced meat and vegetables.

                                                                Jajangmyeon. I love it!

Until our next adventure....

From Leia's beautiful mind... 07/22/12















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile Even Though You're Hurting

 Okay. So let me explain my absence from the blogging world. Sickness galore aketch!  I just had an eye surgery yesterday.  The doctor had to remove the infection in one of my eyes.  Eww! I know right?  I learned one thing and I hope you'll learn from this too: NEVER TAKE A STY (in vernacular: "timos timos") LIGHTLY.                                                   Medical term: Hordeolum (Sty) When the term "timos timos" comes to mind, teasing usually follows. "Hala sin-o gin ling-ling mo?"  Believe me, I wish I had someone to peep at. That would have made my sty worth all the trouble. LOL Anyway there is no truth to this and for your information a sty results from blocked glands within the eyelid. When the gland is blocked, the oil produced by the gland occasionally backs up and extrudes through the wall of the gland, forming a lump, which can be red, painful, and nodular. There are two kinds of sty. Internal and external.  An external

Pronunciation Nazi

Please allow me to be a total Nazi on the pronunciation of some words commonly mispronounced by Filipinos.  I am in no way perfect and just wanted to give you a "for-your-information" kind of post because you don't know how much I try to control myself not to correct you when I hear you mispronounce some words so as not to embarrass you publicly.  But you have to know that this is one of my pet peeves. 1. Firm/Confirm  correct pronunciation: ( fɜːm)/ (con"fur"m) mispronounced as: (fEErm)/(confEErm) I don't know how this started but ever since we were in primary, secondary and tertiary education it has always been pronounced with a short "i".  But nowadays I hear some people say it with the long "i".  i.e. I already "confEErmed" it with him.  And I was like: (?!!?!?!?!?!?!).  No people it is not a trend. Even if it is, it is not good to listen to. You sound uneducated. 2. Lettuce correct pronunciation: (letis) mispro

The Freaks You Meet in a Bar/Club Scene

Cheers to the freakin' weekend I'll drink to that....yeah!! Err..No, I won't since I am in front of my computer writing this blog post. See, I used to enjoy partying all night til dawn in clubs/bars but I think I grew out of it.  Before I start my rant, here are important details to know about me: I AM NOT A WILD CHILD, I STUDIED LIKE THE DEVIL DURING MY STUDENT DAYS (i.e.. I don't go out at all), AND THUS, I MADE "BAWI" AFTER I GRADUATED, I'M NOT ALCOHOLIC, I DON'T SMOKE, I DON'T FLIRT WITH MEN IN CLUBS, I DON'T GO HOME WITH STRANGE MEN, I JUST HAPPEN TO LOVE....DANCING.  That's about the only reason why I go there in the first place.   I love to absorb the music and the energy. So there, now that it's settled... Begin rant. I seem to have lost my interest in the club scene.  Well perhaps because I've matured but mostly because the club is now filled with PREDATORS on the prowl for a willing or un-willing prey.  Another