Skip to main content

Ride or Die

From Urban dictionary:

when you are willing to do anything for someone you love or someone you really appreciate in your life. the person who you stand by in any problem and vice versa.
the term "ride till the end or die trying"
I've reached a point in my life where I question myself what is it that makes me not settle down.  If I truly have no desire to be in a relationship or start a family.  Why I rocked the boat to a seemingly peaceful and stable past relationship with a good person from a good family and who has the same faith as I do. It was supposed to be a perfect match and a relationship with a clear direction. 
Yet there I was nursing my traumas in life and thinking about my what ifs.  I still have goals and ambition and wasn't very sure I was ready to start a "peaceful" life and forget about my calling.  Fear and anxiety got to me that I would be marrying without me having reached my goals for myself and for my family.  I have many responsibilities on my shoulder and I am not one to fold and let the man take care of everything.  I was just not made that way.  Some women would want to exchange positions with me and probably wonder why I would choose a life of hardship and something too unsure if I would succeed or not in my business ventures.  While a good life was offered to me in a golden platter.  
It is because I do not want to catch myself day dreaming someday of what I could have become and never was.  I actually want to achieve it for myself and not be given to me just like that.  However what caught me off guard was the person whom I thought was my future decided to give up on our 5-year relationship. And maybe rightly so.  He had also been very patient waiting for me as I with him because at the time he was also in the process of finalizing his annulment to his first marriage. 
It's been a year since that break up.  Do I regret it?  No. I care about ex too much to ask him to wait some more for me.  He deserves to be happy without me.  I also figured out for myself what I am looking for.  Why I can't seem to settle down even with a "good guy".
I want a RIDE OR DIE.
A good guy won't. Simply put,  a good and already stable man wouldn't understand my crazy hours at work.  Someone who is that set and settled for life won't understand my hunger, my drive, my passion.  A good guy would want to have a good wife waiting for him at home with the kids and talk about life and watch late night movies after a day's work.  Not go home at 11 p.m. everyday and would just collapse in bed and start again very early the next day.  That just won't work.  Of course someday I want to see myself settled too.  That is why I'm working hard and fast like a crazy person so I can give that to myself and not have to wait for someone else to offer that kind of life for me.
My ex was my ideal man and it remains so.  But he is not my ride or die.  He will never understand or accept my hustle or why I have to.   How I wish I have a softer heart.  I could only pretend to a certain point the kind of person I aspire to be.  I am not there yet.  I can't afford to be soft for now.  My backbone is made of steel.  I heard my mother tell a friend once, that I am strong.  Even when you try to bulldoze me, that I can take it.  
Now I know what to look for if someday God will give me a chance to open my heart to a new relationship.  He should be my ride or die.  The one who will never leave my side even when I am unlikeable or unlovable.  The one who could actually choose me everyday, and not my potential as a wife and mother.  The one who would choose me now, rough edges and all. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile Even Though You're Hurting

 Okay. So let me explain my absence from the blogging world. Sickness galore aketch!  I just had an eye surgery yesterday.  The doctor had to remove the infection in one of my eyes.  Eww! I know right?  I learned one thing and I hope you'll learn from this too: NEVER TAKE A STY (in vernacular: "timos timos") LIGHTLY.                                                   Medical term: Hordeolum (Sty) When the term "timos timos" comes to mind, teasing usually follows. "Hala sin-o gin ling-ling mo?"  Believe me, I wish I had someone to peep at. That would have made my sty worth all the trouble. LOL Anyway there is no truth to this and for your information a sty results from blocked glands within the eyelid. When the gland is blocked, the oil produced by the gland occasionally backs up and extrudes through the wall of the gland, forming a lump, which can be red, painful, and nodular. There are two kinds of sty. Internal and external.  An external

Pronunciation Nazi

Please allow me to be a total Nazi on the pronunciation of some words commonly mispronounced by Filipinos.  I am in no way perfect and just wanted to give you a "for-your-information" kind of post because you don't know how much I try to control myself not to correct you when I hear you mispronounce some words so as not to embarrass you publicly.  But you have to know that this is one of my pet peeves. 1. Firm/Confirm  correct pronunciation: ( fɜːm)/ (con"fur"m) mispronounced as: (fEErm)/(confEErm) I don't know how this started but ever since we were in primary, secondary and tertiary education it has always been pronounced with a short "i".  But nowadays I hear some people say it with the long "i".  i.e. I already "confEErmed" it with him.  And I was like: (?!!?!?!?!?!?!).  No people it is not a trend. Even if it is, it is not good to listen to. You sound uneducated. 2. Lettuce correct pronunciation: (letis) mispro

The Freaks You Meet in a Bar/Club Scene

Cheers to the freakin' weekend I'll drink to that....yeah!! Err..No, I won't since I am in front of my computer writing this blog post. See, I used to enjoy partying all night til dawn in clubs/bars but I think I grew out of it.  Before I start my rant, here are important details to know about me: I AM NOT A WILD CHILD, I STUDIED LIKE THE DEVIL DURING MY STUDENT DAYS (i.e.. I don't go out at all), AND THUS, I MADE "BAWI" AFTER I GRADUATED, I'M NOT ALCOHOLIC, I DON'T SMOKE, I DON'T FLIRT WITH MEN IN CLUBS, I DON'T GO HOME WITH STRANGE MEN, I JUST HAPPEN TO LOVE....DANCING.  That's about the only reason why I go there in the first place.   I love to absorb the music and the energy. So there, now that it's settled... Begin rant. I seem to have lost my interest in the club scene.  Well perhaps because I've matured but mostly because the club is now filled with PREDATORS on the prowl for a willing or un-willing prey.  Another